Blogging is, in a way, kind of making each blogger like everyone else. Since there are SO many bloggers, my best recommendation is to try to be as unique as possible and show your own voice. Practically every photo and pose has been done before, but there are other ways you can stand out! It is very cool in the way that fashion and trends will always be relevant and everyone is inspired by each other, but everyone still puts their own unique spin on their posts.
Speak about your passions. Be personal. Blogging is really about opening up and letting your true self shine. I only recommend blogging if you’re the type of person that loves to share publicly. I started blogging on LiveJournal way back in 2004.
Start by building an Instagram. My Instagram tips for the best engagement are:
- Post a mixture of artistic, inspiring and relatable content. Show your personal side but also feel free to have fun with it and be creative! It bothers me when bloggers take an exact photo from another blogger that did well and replicate it identically, so if you’re inspired by another photo it’s great to take inspiration but make sure to make it your own. You won’t stand out by copying!
- Make a blog. A .com is always very valuable incase anything ever changes in the social media world (for example, MySpace. RIP) Try to make it something memorable and short.
- Make sure the name of your blog is available on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Create a page on all of those and try to share them with as many family and friends as possible.
- I grew so much thanks to brands reposting me, so make content with say for example… a Forever21 look and use their F21xMe hash tag to get seen and possibly reposted. You can also DM brands photos and see if they’ll share. You have a higher chance of them sharing your content if it matches their feed so that is also good to keep in mind when creating something that you want a brand to share.
- I also grew on Lookbook and Chictopia. Those sites still get traffic so it never hurts in my opinion to share in as many ways as you can! Always share your Instagram handle so people can follow you there. Instagram is key right now.
- Don’t expect things to happen overnight. It takes TIME. It will at least probably take a year to two years of daily posting to really see a large growth. So just stick with it. If your blog posts and photos come from the heart and have something to offer followers, you will do just fine!
I hope these tips are helpful and please leave me any questions in the comments and I’ll answer all of them! I love you guys.