I am so lusty for reds this fall! Everything burgundy in sight my brain says buy, buy, buy. Reds naturally bring delight to an outfit, especially when the colors mimic nature. Here are some current items I am loving/lusting over right now:
Top row beginning from the left:
- Ox red Fjallraven Kanken backpack – I already own a Kanken in blue, but this red is just ideal and I keep seeing it EVERYWHERE on the subway! I love that this red is more subtle as if it was mixed with gray. It’s the perfect size bag to carry around a camera, notebook and other necessities.
- Velvet Jeffrey Campbell platform – These velvet boots are just a dream. Paired with tights and a plaid dress would just be adorable for the holidays! These aren’t too crazy to wear around the grandparents, either.
- Plaid dress – Okay I wont lie, right now I want to buy everything plaid in sight! I was not this plaid-obsessed last year, but maybe Noelle’s gift of vintage plaid skirts has changed that. This dress is ideal. It has an adorable collar AND a cute little waist bow.
- Miista zaira boots – I’ve been trying to get my hands on these babies ever since I saw them on the Miista Instagram. These boots are something of a dream. I love the chunky heel an the buckles. What more can I say?
- Abercrombie plaid scarf – I now own this! I am in LOVE. It’s the perfect plaid scarf and the quality is amazing. It has cute little tassels that aren’t too much and it’s not too huge where it’s obnoxious, but big enough to make a statement and keep me cozy.
What are you lusting over currently?
Also, please leave any comments if you have any questions on styling particular pieces for the winter! I would love to make a dedicated post addressing some of your outfit questions.
Maja• 10 years ago
Those velvet platforms <3
evilrona• 10 years ago
That backpack is a must! Love it!
Lexi Lawrence• 10 years ago
Those shoes <3 Love the dress too!
Camila Cediel• 10 years ago
I’ve been lusting a Fjallraven Kanken backpack. You have one already. Stop it :p
Remember your Topshop cape I bought from Velvet Fawn? I still need help styling 🙂
Whimsy• 10 years ago
I have been lusting after ankle boots and overalls (i have a very long body).
I was wondering if you could do some casual but still fancy winter looks. That could be put together with everyday clothing. Because I have to walk a lot outside in between my classes, so layers would be nice but my clothes are…. not very high end. And I’m so short on money and I was wondering if you had simple styling tips.
And where do you get your hats?
santemilo• 10 years ago
My god I need those Jeffrey Campbell shoes
Links I Loved This November | CasualConcern• 10 years ago
[…] Necessities: A Color Story (Jag Lever) – Out of many personal style bloggers I follow, I think I relate most to Rachel of Jag Lever. Her chunky boots, big hats, tights, sweaters and dresses. I loved this post because it featured my favorite color: red! […]