See how I customized my vintage jacket with leather patches.
Step 1: Gather your materials.
- Get some sick leather patches from Understated Leather.
- Figure out what piece of clothing you’d like to affix your patches to. I chose a vintage Levi’s jacket that I thrifted from Crossroads Trading.
- Grab a needle and some thread, and probably a delicious beverage cause this takes a little time!
Step 2: Plan.
- Place the patches where you want them to be. Take a picture on your phone if you think you might forget.
Yep, looks good!
Step 3: Get to business.
- Sew those bad boys on. They come with holes ready to go so it’s very easy and foolproof! Start by tying a knot at the end of a long piece of thread (folded in half essentially and then tie the knot at the end.) So one end is the needle and one end is a nice big knot. The knot will hold the stitching forever so make it good!
- Start behind the piece and thread the needle through the piece and then any hole on your patch. Basically just keep going in through the front and then through the back again and again until you’re finished! Then, tie another really good knot on the inside of the piece.
Step 4: Marvel your work.
- You did it! Feel very proud and excited to wear your new custom piece.
You’re officially a badass now because you made something awesome. So put it on and rock it! I’ll be styling this into an outfit post soon so you guys can see it in full swing.
Hope you enjoyed this easy fun tutorial!